We hope things are all good at your end, in your bubble. We look forward to seeing your children at school from next Wednesday and we thank you for the great work you’re currently doing out there in the community on our behalf.
In order to follow the Alert Level 3 Covid 19 Health and Safety requirements there are some very clear guidelines we need to follow in order to keep your child and our staff safe. For us to implement a smooth process we need your child(ren) to:
- please use the Campbell Street Staff Car Park for Morning Drop off. Parents are to drive into this car park and stay in their car with their child until directed by a member of staff. This will act like a drive though so please look to the staff for guidance. Any children who are unescorted to school are to go to the main Campbell Street school entrance where they will be directed by a staff member and have their attendance noted. For the Health and Safety of everybody we ask that no parents enter the school site unless permission has been granted by the Principal. Thank you for your understanding with this.
- arrive at school after 8.15 am and prior to 9:00am. Please talk to your child about social distancing upon entering school (2 metres outside) as there may be times they will need to exercise this.
- move directly to their learning space and check in with their bubble teacher. The teacher of your child’s bubble will contact you on Tuesday to let you know the bubble they are in and the learning space.
- bring their brain food, morning tea & lunch. All children will need to have their own drink bottle. The drinking fountains will be unavailable. School bubbles will stay together for eating and play times. Each bubble is not to mix with any other bubble.
- bring their own named pencil case, with pencils/ pens/ colouring pencils etc including glue sticks and scissors if at all possible. Please do not worry if they cannot, as we know many of your children’s belongings may be at school already.
- bring their device if they have one. Children will need their device as they will be continuing their distance learning that has already been established during Alert Level 4. All devices will be cleaned at the end of each day. A school device will be available should it be needed. Students are to bring headphones for their devices if they have them.
- students may bring some items of sports equipment but these will not be shared with others. These items must be named.
- remain within their school bubble for the duration of Alert Level 3.
- follow distancing rules both inside and outside the classrooms. (1m inside, 2m outside). We will not tolerate children who can not follow these expectations.
- maintain high level hygiene practices e.g. washing hands, coughing into elbows, use sanitiser on entry to and exit of the classroom.
- not play any sport which requires contact or sharing of equipment. (The playground will be out of use).
- participate in learning that will be a similar programme to students working at home on their online programme.
We ask parents to:
- organise your child(ren)s own transport if they are a bus student.
- Not send their children if they are sick. They will be sent home.
- Remind your children that even though they will be in a bubble together, they still need to observe distancing requirements with their siblings. All students in the bubble need to model the same behaviour.
- PLEASE PARK IN THE STAFF CAR PARK AND WAIT FOR YOUR CHILD AT AFTERNOON PICK UP. We do not want a long line of traffic down Campbell Street.
2:50pm at the Campbell Street gate for Bubbles 1-4
3:00pm at the Campbell Street gate for Bubbles 5-8
Bubbles of students will gather with their teacher on the Blue Basketball turf adjacent to the staff car park while waiting to be collected. Those students making their own way home will be released at the times above.
Please note that Road Patrols will not be operating. On Monday and Tuesday there is no online learning due to ANZAC day and a Teacher Only Day.
If your child is going to be absent please contact the school office via email, phone or the School APP.
Thank you for your assistance. We really appreciate your support at this challenging time.