Congratulations to one of our Year 5 teams who took out the EPro8 Hawke’s Bay competition last Friday. Charlotte Wray, Ronan Brier, Charlie Kennedy and Ruby Chen who made up the HNPS Blue Panther team worked exceptional hard to win the grand final, competing against 11 other teams, including another Year 5 HNPS team who made it through to the final series. The Epro 8 challenge involves students collaborating and strategising to solve complex problems.
The Epro 8 challenge is an engineering and problem solving race. Teams compete to:
- Build large sized structures
- Solve practical problems
- Engineer using pulleys, motors, gears, wheels and axles
- Invent machines that can complete simple tasks
- Undertake unusual and fun experiments
- Construct basic electronic circuits
- Solve interesting problems using practical maths.
We are exceptional proud of the HNPS Blue Panther team. An outstanding achievement and one to celebrate!