HNPS Enrolment Scheme
Purposes & Principles
a. to avoid overcrowding or the likelihood of overcrowding at the school.
b. to ensure that the selection of applicants for enrolment at the school is carried out in a fair and transparent manner; and
c. to enable the Secretary to make best use of existing networks of State Schools.
Home Zone for Havelock North Primary
The home zone is the area comprised within those properties which have direct access to the following roads and contained within the home zone boundary as defined:
From the Havelock Road / St Andrews Road intersection along Havelock Road to St Georges Road, St Georges Road North to SH 2, (including Millar Road and Farmlet Road), Crosses Road to Napier Road.
From Havelock North village along Napier Road to Lawn Road, Lawn Road to Te Mata Mangateretere Road, Te Mata Mangateretere Road (including River Road), Waimarama Road to Maraetotara Road (including Tukituki Road to and including Craggy Range Road), Maraetotara Road, Waipoapoa Road (including Tawa Road), a line overland from Waipoapoa / Maraetotara Road junction to Rochfort Road (rural) and then overland to Kopanga Road.
Kopanga Road, Iona Road (from Woodford Heights to Tanner St), Lucknow Road to Middle Road intersection, then east along Mangarau Stream to Karamu Stream. Follow Karamu Stream to the end of St Andrews Road, St Andrews Road.
In addition to the area defined above the following streets/roads are also included in the school’s home zone:
• Brookvale Road (from No 113 Brookvale Road to Arataki Road) including Whakatomo Place and Whittakers Place
• Arataki Road to Russell Robertson Drive (including Te Heipora Place, Devine Close, Albany Lane)
• Meissner Road (from Arataki Road to the intersection with Karoola Place) including Percy Berry Place.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Area within the Home Zone which is excluded from the Havelock North Primary zone:
The excluded area includes all properties who directly access the streets listed below and which are contained within the boundary defined as:
• Brookvale Road ( from St Hill Lane to Ayrshire Drive) including Bale Place
• Romanes Drive
• Ayrshire Drive incl Hanna Place, Olive Grove,
• Russell Robertson Drive (from Ayshire to Meissner Road intersection) including Scott Place
• Meissner Road (up to and including Karoola Place)
• Russell Robertson Drive to Arataki Road
• Russell Robertson Drive to Te Mata Road
• Te Mata Road from Arataki Road to Te Mata Mangateretere Road junction
• Back to Black Barn Road where the boundary extends from the end of Black Barn Road to the top of Te Mata Peak Road,
• Te Mata Peak Road,
• Simla Avenue ( including Franklin Terrace, Emerald Hill and Hereworth Grove)
• Te Mata Road (from Simla Avenue to St Hill Lane)
• St Hill Rise
Note: Urban Rochfort Road is outside our school zone.
Out of Zone Enrolments
At the beginning and at the midway point of each year the Havelock North Primary Board of Trustees will determine the number of places that are likely to be available in the following two terms for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Those who are pre-enrolled must go through the enrolment scheme process. Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority: This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school:
- third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school:
- fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school:
- fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth, or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group must be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under section 11G.
For an interactive map go to nzschools.tki.org.nz.