All students wear a uniform at our school. During terms 1 and 4, all students must wear the blue brimmed school sunhat. Please name all clothing clearly.
The uniform is available from the School Uniform Shop on:
Mondays: 8:30 – 9:30 am
Wednesdays: 8.30 – 9.30am
Thursdays: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
TERM TIME ONLY
School Office 06 8778788 – Kerin Hutchinson
The shop is located in the old dental clinic at the front of the school. The full uniform, fleeces, jackets and track pants are all available from our uniform shop. A limited selection of the uniform can also be purchased from The Warehouse in Hastings.
The School Uniform Shop also sells second hand uniforms and footwear. All donations are gratefully accepted for the school and we also sell on behalf. Come along and grab some bargain uniform deals. The uniform shop also carries a full range of the HN Intermediate uniform.
This uniform has been reviewed and ratified by the HNPS Board of Trustees In November 2017.
- Royal blue polo shirt (short sleeve – long sleeve in winter if desired)
- Navy shorts / skort / track pants. Canterbury navy blue pants are acceptable as well.
- School fleece or jacket (with logo)
- Gingham School dress
- Navy tights – optional and worn under the gingham tunic or skort
- Navy or white ankle socks
- Navy merino/ polyprop/ thermal – only to be worn for extra warmth under the shirt.
- Jewellery – a plain stud earring or a wrist watch
- Nail polish is not permitted
- A taonga is appropriate as long as it is tucked inside the shirt
- There is no specific uniform shoe. We do however expect children to wear shoes which are practical for a range of experience including physical education.
- For health & safety reasons (head lice etc), all hair longer than shoulder length is to be tied back with a black or navy hair tie. Only navy or black headbands are to be worn. Any other hair embellishments are not accepted, e.g large bows.
- School Representative Shirt – available for purchase from School Uniform shop.
- Navy Shorts, Cricket Whites pants, Netball Skirts etc – vary for each sports code, as advised by the Sports Co-ordinator.
- Sunhats or Team CapsFootwear is to be practical and suitable for school activities. There is no specific uniform shoe.