The Home & School Association is a pivotal part of our school community, and is responsible for significant fundraising within our school.
The Home & School Committee – is comprised of various parents, & the Principal. Parents also support the Home & School without being on the Committee.
Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30pm in the school staffroom.
Whether you are interested in coming along to listen and learn, or are ready and able to get actively involved, you are very welcome at any meeting. We love new ideas and new people! Come along and find out more about what happens at school.
Key Roles for the The Home & School include:
- Developing a positive relationship between both home & school environments.
- Liaison with Board of Trustees and supporting the school’s Vision and Strategy.
- Providing a uniform shop for new and second hand HNP and HNI uniforms.
- Fundraising in order to provide our children with facilities, resources and activities that are otherwise not provided.
- Organisation of a variety of school social, cultural and sporting activites.
- Help facilitate wider education in the community.
We are proud of how generous our school community is when it comes to fundraising through our events such as Blast in the Park, garage sales, quiz nights, calender’s and cards and sushi Fridays. It takes a lot of work to organise each fundraiser so we always aim to have a different ‘team’ on each activity and to vary the types of events. New team members are always welcome!
Why fundraise? HNPS is a high decile school and therefore is funded at a lower rate per child than most other schools. The decile model expects the school’s own community to provide more financial support and Home & School fundraising helps to fulfill this expectation.
These are examples of what the school has asked us to fund in just the last 2 years:
$20,000 of classroom furniture; $20,000 of outdoor landscaping and play areas; ICT equipment; Discovery Learning resources; musical instruments; Caretaker’s equipment; sports equipment; sports and cultural uniforms; classroom blinds; maths equipment; school production. Each year we donate in excess of $30,000 and it is wonderful to see all the funds in action!
Please check out our on going fundraising events http://hnps.school.nz/fundraising/year-round-fundraising/
The 2017 Home & School Committee Executive
Chairperson: Kerin Hutchinson
Vice-Chairperson: Christine Symes
Secretary: Maggie Poll
Treasurer: Steph Halstead
Board of Trustee representative: Shari Mackay
Uniform Shop Liaison: Cassandra Heke
If you have any questions please feel free to speak to any of the above or contact:
- Kerin Hutchinson (Chairperson) email@example.com
- Christine Symes (Vice Chairperson) firstname.lastname@example.org
If a parent wishes the Home & School to address an issue, a written request needs to be made to the Chairperson a week before the meeting so that it can be put on the agenda.